7 Tips for a Perfect Engagement Photosession
An engagement photo session is a great way to test the waters with your wedding photographer. It is a great chance to get used to your wedding photographer’s style and her camera — it takes about 40 minutes for an average person who is not a professional model to get used to a photo camera hovering around their face. After all, no one wants to look like the C-3PO robot from Star Wars in their wedding pictures. Get an engagement photo shoot and you will be happy you did!
For a picture perfect engagement photo session remember to:
1) Wear clothes that fit you well and are flattering for your body type. 11 Fashion Tips to Flatter Any Body Type
2) Hire a professional makeup artist to better emphasize your features and ensure that your makeup is camera-friendly. Trust their experience and expertize for the best result.
3) Wear heels but bring flats with you. High heels look really great in pictures but it is very difficult to be comfortable walking for a few hours wearing them. Bring a pair of flats and it will keep your feet (and you) happy.
4) Budget at least two hours for the shoot. Remember, you will need some time to start feeling and acting natural in front of the camera. Avoid harsh sunlight hours between 11am and 3pm.
5) Do your research and select your favorite location for the photo shoot. It will be great if the location reflects your style and personalities.
6) Bring alone as few bags as possible for an outdoor session. It is hard to carry bags from one spot to another and your belongings might get stolen while you are busy posing in front of the camera.
7) Don’t worry, be happy. Smile a lot and express your love to each other! The photographer will surely capture your happiness.